What is Novel Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome as per WHO. 2019-nCoV is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. As a group of viruses that is zoonotic in nature, coronaviruses are transmitted between animals and people. In humans, the virus is known to cause respiratory infections that are typically mild but may become lethal as is happening in Wuhan, China.
What are the early symptoms?
- Respiratory distress
- Dry Cough
- Elevated fever
- Serious infections can lead to pneumonia, bronchitis, kidney failure
How does coronavirus disease spread?
While the exact origin and causes of spread are still not well known, it may spread:
- While coughing and sneezing
- While touching or shaking hands with an infected person
- Making in contact a surface or object that has a virus and while touching nose, eyes or mouth
- Rarely, coronavirus may spread through contact with faeces
Precautions one could take:
If you have travelled to any of the affected countries in the last 14 days and show any of the above-mentioned
symptoms, notify your physician and share complete history.
Ensure that you maintain standard precautions which include adequate hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Keep your environment clean at all times
- Wear a mask any of the symptoms are prevalent
- Cover your nose and mouth Mile coughing and sneezing
- Wash your hands after contact with respiratory secretions
- Avoid dose contact with anyone with cold and flu symptoms
- Eat only properly cooked meat and eggs
- Drink enough water
- Avoid smoking and smoky areas
- Take medicine reduce pain and fever
- Use a clean humidifier or cool mist vaporizer
To Know More Information About Health Care in thane Visit Thaneweb or call us on 9930011453 or email us on email@example.com
Created On Feb 2020
Last Updated on On Feb 2020